Everything5pounds.co.uk would like to place cookies on your computer to help us improve your experience on our websites.
MORE ABOUT COOKIES ON www.everything5pounds.co.uk
New EU legislation requires us to let you know how we’re using cookies.
We think it’s important to protect your privacy and be open about how we use your data. This information is to keep you informed and to help you enjoy our websites.
So what are cookies?
A cookie is simply a tiny text file containing pieces of data, stored when you visit a website. It’s designed to help websites remember what you did in the past. This can include whether you clicked on particular links or pages, logged into your profile, or read pages on the site months, or even years, ago.
There are different types of cookies and without them websites couldn’t function in the way you’ve got used to.
For example, without the cookie to validate your log in, the website wouldn’t know to display your profile. Or the website would need to deliver a message every time saying ‘sorry, you need to log in’ as it wouldn’t remember who you are.
Everything5pounds.co.uk website use particular cookies to give you the best possible experience, and use only cookies that we think are necessary and helpful.
What type of cookies do Everything5pounds.co.uk website use?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are essential cookies that let you to move around the website and use its features, like accessing secure areas. Without them, services registration and logging in cannot be provided. These cookies don't collect any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
These collect information about how you use a website, for instance, which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages. They don’t collect information that identifies you; all the information is anonymous. It is used only to improve how the website works.
These remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide personal features. They can remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also provide services you’ve asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information they collect can be made anonymous. They can’t track other websites you visit.
These deliver adverts or messages relevant to you and your interests. Sometimes targeting cookies are linked to other sites, such as Facebook.
Within these four categorisations of cookie, cookies are sorted as either temporary (‘Session’ cookies) or more long-term (‘Persistent’ cookies).
- ‘Session’ cookies link your actions in one session only. This ‘session’ starts when the webpage is opened and finishes when it is closed. Then the cookie is deleted forever.
- ‘Persistent’ cookies are where the cookie remains on your phone or computer for a specific period of time. They are activated automatically when you visit a particular website.
One other difference is if the cookie is a ‘first-party cookie’ or a ‘third-party’ cookie. A first-party cookie is set by the Everything5pounds.co.uk website you’re visiting, whereas a ‘third-party’ cookie is set by someone else. We will only ever allow third-party cookies that are approved by the brand.
Cookie Categorisation for www.Everything5pounds.co.uk
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Everything5pounds.co.uk uses ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies to:
- Remember things like information you've entered on forms when you navigate go to different pages in a single web browser session
- Identify you as being logged into http://www.Everything5pounds.co.uk
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way it works
Cookies Everything5pounds.co.uk has categorised as 'Strictly Necessary' will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
Using our site means that you accept the use of 'Strictly Necessary' cookies.
If you prevent these cookies, we can't guarantee your security or predict how the website will perform for you.
Here’s a list of the Humbara generated cookies categorised as 'strictly necessary' on http://www.Everything5pounds.co.uk/
Cookie Name Cookie Type Cookie Expiry Date Category Usage Ad_Log Session cookie Low to none Your visit BIGipServerEU_11468_GB_Olympic_Torch_Relay_Nominations_HTTP Persistent cookie 10 years Medium Analytics JSESSIONID Session cookie When you close the browser Medium Session WT_FPC Persistent cookie 10 years Medium Analytics crm_cookieEnabled Session cookie Low to none Analytics ctr Persistent cookie 6 months Medium Analytics gimProbeCookie Session cookie When you close the browser Session globalSid Session cookie When you close the browser Session 8898.grlp_login Persistent cookie 1 month Functionality 8898.registration.under.age.error Persistent cookie 1 day Functionality __utma Persistent cookie 2 years Medium Analytics __utmb Persistent cookie 30 minutes Medium Analytics __utmc Persistent cookie Low to none Analytics __utmz Persistent cookie 6 months Medium Analytics
Everything5pounds.co.uk uses ‘Performance’ cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
Cookies Everything5pounds.co.uk has categorised as 'Performance' cookies will NOT be used to:
- Remember your preferences or username after your current visit
Some of these cookies are managed for us by other companies, but we don't allow these companies to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Using our site means that you accept the use of 'Performance' cookies. If you prevent them, we can’t guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Here is a list of the third-party cookies categorised as 'Performance' cookies:
Cookie Name Cookie Type Cookie Expiry Date Category Usage ACOOKIE Persistent cookie 2 years Potential Analytics pid Persistent cookie 2 years Potential Social networking PREF Persistent cookie 10 years Potential Media VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE Persistent cookie 240 days Potential Media use_hitbox Session cookie When you close the browser Potential Media
Everything5pounds.co.uk uses 'Functionality' cookies to:
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Show you when you're logged in to the website (if relevant)
- Share information with our partners who provide a service on the website. The information shared is used only to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
Cookies Everything5pounds.co.uk has categorised as 'Functionality' cookies will not be used to:
- Target you with adverts on our website or on other websites
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties – where this is the case we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than what’s listed above.
You can decide whether or not these cookies are used, but stopping them might mean we can't offer you some services. It's also possible that stopping them means we can’t remember that you didn't want a particular service.
Although we sometimes use targeting cookies, we don’t use any sort of advertising cookies.
Everything5pounds.co.uk use 'Targeting' cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook. They might then use this information to target advertising at you.
You can decide whether or not these cookies are used, but stopping them might mean we can’t offer you some services. All of these cookies are managed by other companies, so you can also use their own tools to stop them.
Because there are lots of different browsers, we haven’t given instructions for all of them here, but you can visit the ‘All About Cookies’
If you use Windows Explorer, here are the steps:
- Click on 'Windows Explorer'
- Select the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Enter ‘cookie’ into the search box field for 'Folders and Files'
- Choose 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' drop down menu
- Click on 'Search Now'
- Select and open the folders that are retrieved
- Click to highlight any cookie file
- Click the 'Delete' key to erase the cookie file
If you don't have Windows Explorer, click ‘Help’ on your ‘Start’ menu and search for ‘cookies’ to find information on how to locate the folder.
If you do this, you might not be able to use some of the services on our website – or on other websites.Top
For more information about cookies you can take a look at any of these pages.
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy produced by the internet advertising industry:
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found here: